Associate, Strategic Engagement
Department: Global Brand & Strategic Communications
Reports To: VP, Strategic Engagement
Location: NYC Office
Catalyst is a global nonprofit working with some of the world’s most powerful CEOs and leading companies to build workplaces that work for women. We achieve our mission by partnering with 800+ Supporter organizations to help them make positive change in their organizations. We give companies and CEOs the trusted advice and expertise they need to drive workplace talent transformations in complex, global businesses.
Summary of Team
The Strategic Engagement team is responsible for driving positive change by leading and executing strategic communications and strategies to key Stakeholders, including Catalyst Supporters, board members, influencers, policy makers, and strategic advocacy partners.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Associate, Strategic Engagement, will work closely with the VP, Strategic Engagement, to assist in the execution of strategic initiatives, projects and communications that advance and drive mission impact, particularly those tied to Catalyst’s Advancing Women Strategic Pillar.
- Provides operational support for campaigns, projects and initiatives
- Contribute to the planning and development of strategies and solutions that can help advance Catalyst’s mission
- Communicate with stakeholders regarding projects’ needs and goals
- Keep track of and report on progress and success of campaigns, projects and initiatives
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing and/or communications
- 1 – 2 years experience working in marketing or corporate communications
- Ability to efficiently research and translate information and data into actionable and practical materials, particularly for the corporate community
- Strong attention to detail and time management capabilities
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, particularly proofreading and editing abilities
- Self-starter who can work autonomously yet has a collaborative mindset and can work with different work styles
- Ability to adopt and adapt to new communications technologies