Department: Accountant I
Reports To: Senior Director, Finance
Location: NYC Office
Summary of Responsibilities
Catalyst is looking for detail oriented and data driven Accountant who will assist our growing Finance department with creating timely and accurate financial statements. You will be an important part of the team as you are primarily responsible for Accounts Receivable including invoicing, collection and cash receipts, bank reconciliations and managing expense reports.
- Responsible for all facets of accounts receivable – including invoicing and collections, while collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Work strategically with relevant departments to ensure timely and accurate billing of supporter companies.
- Work closely with Senior Director regarding the collection function; prepare monthly outstanding invoices reports.
- Responsible for timely update of incoming deposits in accounting system.
- Responsible for preparing monthly bank reconciliations – all bank accounts.
- Analyze and keep track of credit card charges through expense reports.
- Assist with month-end closing.
- Assist with the preparation of Catalyst’s annual operating budget.
- Prepare year-end schedules for external auditors.
- Provide administrative support to CFAO.
- Additional special projects and other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong accounting and quantitative skills.
- Strong propensity for process improvement.
- Professional computer literacy in a network environment with a Windows base.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; advanced Excel skills a plus.
- Knowledge/working experience with MAS 90 is a plus.
- Highly organized with a meticulous eye for detail; good proofreading skills; strong work ethic.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Fast paced environment with multiple priorities.
- Data driven.
Education and Experience Requirements
This position requires a B.A./B.S in Accounting and at least one to two years of accounting experience.
How to Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected] with “Accountant” in the subject line. Only applications with cover letters will be considered. Due to the large number of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.