Board Value Proposition:
Strategy and Organizational Transformation
- As COO of McCarthy Tetrault (900 employees across six offices), designed and oversaw implementation of restructured service and operational models to deliver optimized service and value to clients, resulting in significant increase in financial performance, client satisfaction, project delivery, cost savings to reinvest in strategic projects, and employee engagement, including selection as multi-year Top 100 Employer in Canada and Top Diversity Employer.
- Led transformation of GMAC RFoC and acquisition of ResMor Trust. Developed strategy to expand the business and sell non-strategic assets, resulting in an 100% increase in assets and a 20% increase in customer retention.
Operations, Risk Management, and Technology
- Developed and executed on rolling two-year technology roadmap at McCarthy Tetrault, and delivered more projects in the firm’s history to support overall strategy with a focus on security, risk management, and client experience.
- Designed and implemented first North American collaborative work space for a major law firm, established a client innovation team to provide exceptional service to clients, resulting in being recognized by the Financial Times as the most Innovative Firm in North America.
- Created organizational processes at McCarthy Tétrault and ResMor Trust with a focus on continued improvements, disaster recovery, and score cards to manage the operations.
C-Level Leadership and General Management
- Oversaw ResMor Trust’s conversion to a Schedule II Bank, integrated GMAC RFoC and ResMor Trust, and launched new brand and products, Ally.
- As COO of McCarthy, established a diverse, high-performing leadership team, resulting in improved enagagement, a values-driven culture, transparent communications, and focus on developing people.
- Developed Blueprint for Change program tailored to McCarthy Tetrault’s strategic priorities, to include revised compensation models, performance management, communication programs, revenue, pricing, marketing, diversity, and engagement.
- Automobiles & Components
- Auto Parts & Equipment
- Thrifts & Mortgage Finance
- Commercial & Professional Services
- Diversified Financials
- Other Diversified Financial Services
- Telecommunications Services
- Integrated Telecommunications Services
- United States
Yappn 2015 to Present
Chair, Sales & Marketing Committee
Housing Services Inc. (HSI) 2010 to 2011
GMAC Residential Funding of Canada Limited 2007 to 2010
ResMor Trust Company 2007 to 2010
Mortgage Intelligence Company 2007 to 2008
Fraser Institute 2012 to Present
Young Presidents Organization (YPO) 2009 to Present
Cedars Cancer Foundation at McGill University 2013 to 2015
Ontario Public Service Employees’ Union Board 2010 to 2013
Chair, Governance & Compensation Committee
Canadian Women’s Foundation (CWF) 2010 to 2012
Breakfast Committee Big Brothers & Big Sisters Toronto Board, 2010–2011
National Black MBA Association (NBMBAA) 2009 to 2012
Molson’s Bike for Tykes Charity 2004 to 2012
McCarthy Tetrault LLP 2011 to Present
Chief Operating Officer
President, MT Services
ResMor Trust Company 2007 to 2010
President and Chief Executive Officer
Senior Vice President and General Manager
Vice President, Operations
TSX Group 2002 to 2007
Director, Business Management Office
SPRINT Canada 1999 to 2002
Director, Vendor Management and Outsourcing
Manager, Process Planning Business Infrastructure
Manager, Asset and Resource Management
KTM Locks 1997 to 1998
Manager, Sales and Marketing
Siemens Corporation / Siemens Automotive 1993 to 1997
Senior Internal Consultant
C.Dir, Directors College at McMasters University, 2010
MSc, Central Michigan University, 1997
BBA, Ferris State University, 1992