Board Value Proposition:
- Led HSBC Bank Canada’s successful retail credit transformation over a three-year period; implemented new credit application technology, significantly improved employee productivity, and reduced costs by 20%. Throughout this period, consistently achieved above-average employee engagement scores.
Strategic Financial Planning & Execution
- As Vice Chair and Audit Committee Chair of the Royal Canadian Mint, a for-profit crown corporation, developed strategies to deliver record revenues and profits in all business lines; Canadian and foreign circulation, bullion and refinery, and numismatics. Approved capital renewal investments of $100 million including a plant expansion in Winnipeg and a new R&D center.
- As Audit Committee Chair of Coast Mental Health Foundation Society, one of the largest providers of housing to people in the lower mainland with mental health issues, effectively delivered balanced budgets of $24 million annually and provided strategic investment counsel to senior management over a $30 million real estate portfolio.
- Implemented various governance frameworks at HSBC Bank Canada with oversight over multiple wealth and retail banking business lines and across multiple regulators, resulting in increased accountability, high-performance teams, and enhanced partnerships with the business to support growth initiatives.
- Diversified Banks
- Diversified Financials
- Asset Management & Custody Banks
- Consumer Finance
- Investment Banking & Brokerage
- Other Diversified Financial Services
Royal Canadian Mint 2006 to Present
Chair, Audit Committee
Coast Foundation Society 2010 to 2013
Chair, Audit and Finance CoMmittee
Coast Foundation Society 2001 to 2005
• Chair, Audit and Finance CoMmittee
HSBC Bank Canada 1987 to Present
Head of Regulatory Compliance, Retail Banking and Wealth Management
Chief Risk Officer, Retail Banking and Wealth Management
Vice President, Retail Credit Services
Assistant Vice-President, Risk Strategy
Assistant Vice-President, Commercial Banking
Assistant Vice-President, Sales Management
Branch Manager, West Vancouver and White Rock
ICD.D, Institute of Corporate Directors, 2013
FICB, Fellowship of Institute of Canadian Bankers, 2007
Canadian Securities Course, 1993
BA, University of British Columbia, 1989