Board Value Proposition:
Board and Committee Experience
- Demonstrated ability at the board table to analyze, test, and integrate critical links between corporate strategic objectives and ability to deliver operationally and organizationally.
- As Chair of several compensation committees, oversaw redesign of several executive compensation programs to better align with organizational objectives, pay-for-performance philosophy, and good governance practice..
- As Chair and member of several Governance committees, developed board evaluation tools and processes to gauge and improve board performance, optimize board renewal, succession planning, and recruitment.
- Clear understanding of areas for focused governance oversight based on experience and success driving organizational delivery through reorganization/restructuring, execution, and stewardship in both large and small entities.
- At Oilsands Quest Inc. as Chief Operating Officer, initiated and led an organization-wide structural realignment to enable future development.
- As Vice President, In Situ Development and Operations at Petro-Canada, managed on-time, on-budget, zero-lost-time project execution, and subsequent optimization of $300 million MacKay River operation. Also initiated and led strategic acquisition program that significantly increased Petro-Canada’s in situ oil sands resource holdings.
Human Resources Leadership
- At Petro-Canada as Vice President, Human Resources, developed and implemented a successful two-year plan that realigned Human Resources organization and delivered results that supported the company’s strategic objectives.
- Integrated Oil & Gas
- Oil & Gas Exploration & Production
- Oil & Gas Refining & Marketing
Precision Drilling Corporation 2017 to Present
FortisAlberta 2014 to Present
Audit, Risk and Environment Committee
Freehold Royalties 2014 to Present
Chair, Governance Nominating and Compensation Committee
TransGlobe Energy 2014 to Present
Chair, Compensation Human Resources and Governance Committee
Reserves, Health, Safety, Environment and Social Responsibility Committee
Enerplus Corporation 2011 to Present
Chair, Human Resources and Compensation Committee
Safety and Social Responsibility Committee
Conroy Ross Partners Advisory Board 2015 to Present
Safe Haven Foundation 2009 to 2013
Chair, Strategic Planning Committee
Calgary Women’s Emergency Shelter 2010 to 2013
Chair, Governance Committee, 2012–2013
Human Resources Committee, 2010–2013
University of Calgary, Schulich School of Engineering Advisory Council 2006 to 2009
Foothills Academy Society 2002 to 2007
Chair, Strategic Planning Committee, 2003–2007
Bearspaw Golf and Country Club 2002 to 2004
Vice President, 2003
Chair, Long Range Planning Committee, 2002–2003
2010 to Present
Institute of Corporate Directors Calgary Chapter Executive 2013 to 2016
The Banff Centre 2009 to 2015
Executive In Residence, Leadership Development
Oilsands Quest Inc. 2010
Chief Operating Officer
Petro-Canada 1997 to 2009
Vice President, Human Resources
Vice President, In Situ Development and Operations
General Manager, In Situ Development and Operations
Manager, MacKay River Project
Amoco Canada 1983 to 1997
Team Coordinator, Wolf Lake Heavy Oil
Various engineering and leadership roles
ICD.D, Institute of Corporate Directors, 2012
MBA (Dean’s List), University of Calgary, 1997
BEng (Mech.), McGill University, 1983