Board Value Proposition:
A seasoned financial executive, senior advisor, director and audit committee chair bringing a high-level view and a broad set of experiences and expertise to bear on major strategic decisions for companies in a broad variety of industries.
Financial and Risk Management Expertise and Audit Committee Chair Experience
- Former CFO and senior leader in investment banking with experience in several roles.
- As Chair of the Audit Committee of Hudbay Minerals, oversaw implementation of ERM and expanded internal audit across the organization.
- As Chair of the Audit Committee at American Stock Transfer, successfully impemented comprehensive internal audit program to exceed the expectations of NY regulators.
- Actively involved in the implementation of enterprise risk-management programs at WPT, Industrial REIT, OSC, and Canadian Stock Transfer.
Mergers and Acquisitions, IPOs, Financings and Restructurings
- Diverse sector experience and hands-on capital markets role add perspective and expertise to transformational transactions, including direct involvement in two CCAA restructurings.
- As Chair of the Audit Committee of Hudbay Minerals, have overseen transformational activities including completion and operationalization of a $1.7 billion open pit copper mine in the Andes region of Peru and the hostile acquisition of Augusta Resources, including the US$1 billion in capital raised to fund pre-production projects.
- As Director of American Stock Transfer, oversaw numerous tuck-in acquisitions and integration of operations to increase bottom line by over 50%.
- At WPT Industrial REIT, successfully competed $100 million IPO in 2013. Raised a further $150 million in public equity, and acquired over $250 million of industrial property since the IPO. Member of special committee for strategic review.
- A recognized expert in IPOs at both Scotia Capital and Lehman Brothers. At Scotia Capital led the team in charge of eight IPOs valued at approximately $2.2 billion, and led numerous equity and debt financings. At Lehman Brothers, on team that led over 10 IPOs and other financings valued at over US $4 billion. At Peoples, was part of the team, working with the board, that led its financial restructuring.
- Diversified Financials
- Diversified Capital Markets
- Investment Banking & Brokerage
- Specialized Finance
- Diversified Metals & Minerals
- Real Estate
- Industrial REITs
- Specialty Stores
- United States