Board Value Proposition:
A senior executive with significant experience in financial services, renowned for the ability to build consensus and foster communication among people with divergent interests. A corporate director with experience as a committee chair and serving on audit committees.
Strategic Planning and Implementation and Operations Leadership
- COO during adoption of an updated investment strategy with a new global focus. Ensured a pragmatic, collaborative approach to introducing the strategy enterprise-wide.
- Leading the development of a three-year, enterprise-wide plan to coordinate efforts across divisions to drive innovation, identify productivity improvements, and improve both risk and cost consciousness, which will define and align priorities and communicate objectives for the entire organization.
- Created and led the board-level operational risk committee.
- Led the organization to achieve first place in service delivery in an international benchmarking study.
- Provided key leadership to successfully maintain services throughout a contentious labour disruption.
Transformation and Reorganization
- Successfully introduced a COO structure within operations to advance Teachers’ efficiency and innovation objectives; this involved development of three strategic pillars, the identification of a new leadership team to promote the plan, and creation of a roadmap to streamline work processes and eliminate redundancies.
- Leveraged existing system capabilities to remove an accounting service provider, resulting in $2 million in annual savings.
- Achieved a strategic reorganization with significant measurable improvements in the speed, range, and quality of service delivery.
- Played a key role as executive advisor to a major finance and IT transformation within the investment division at Teachers’, resulting in a more streamlined organization with clear lines of accountability.
Diversity and Inclusion
- Founder and executive sponsor of Women in Teachers’ (WIT), which enables women across the organization to connect and benefit from learning opportunities. WIT has become a thriving group with annual funding and semi-annual town halls. The highly-rated CEO Speaker Series hosts prominent female leaders who share their stories with WIT members.
- Health Care Equipment & Services
- Health Care Services