Reports to: Senior Research Director
As a member of the Research Department, the Research Fellow participates in project teams conducting research focused on the career pathways of high-potential employees. The Research Fellow will have a primary focus on data cleaning, creating analysis plans, conducting data analysis, and writing summaries of research findings.
- Data Management and Analysis (Primary)
- Cleans data and creates variables in preparation for data analysis.
- Proposes new approaches for measuring significant milestones in career paths and identifying the highest achievers, using longitudinal data.
- Conducts sophisticated data analysis in SPSS mapping career paths, and summarizes results.
- Literature Reviews and Knowledge Presentation (Secondary)
- Conducts in-depth social science and business literature reviews; annotates and summarizes articles.
- Drafts sections of reports and working papers.
- Drafts presentation material for internal and external audiences.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates excellent data analysis skills using SPSS (required).
- Demonstrated ability to work with longitudinal data.
- Knowledge in a topic area or areas related to Catalyst’s work.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written skills.
- Demonstrates organizational and project management skills and attention to detail.
- Applies creative problem-solving and analytical skills to research projects.
- Functions effectively in a team-based environment, as well as independently.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to juggle multiple project responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively across levels, departments, and geographies in an increasingly virtual working environment.
- Displays strong initiative, follow-through, and problem-solving skills.
- Tight deadlines.
- Multiple priorities.
- Confidential issues and data.
- Multiple reporting relationships.
- Virtual teamwork and collaboration.
- Access to Catalyst office space and computer in either Toronto or New York; please specify preferred location.
Education and Experience Requirements
- This position requires at least one year of graduate-level coursework completed in a relevant social science discipline (i.e., economics, sociology, psychology, women’s studies, or business).
- Advanced SPSS skills required, experience working with longitudinal data preferred, through advanced methods/statistics coursework or practical experience.
To apply for this position, please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected] with "Research Fellow, Career Pathways" in the subject line. Please specify your location preference (NYC or Toronto) and the source of the job listing as well.