Reports to: Vice President, Research
Summary of Responsibilities
The incumbent will join the Catalyst Research department, supporting foundational work for longitudinal research projects. The primary role of this position is to develop, maintain, and continually grow global panels of business professionals recruited for participation in Catalyst research projects. The Panel Manager will have extensive expertise working with panel vendors and/or building research panels in-house.
- Takes primary responsibility for the development, maintenance, and ongoing growth of Catalyst’s panels of business professionals around the world.
- Is the “go to” person for Research project leaders when they require new resources or participants.
- Uses a variety of internal and external database marketing and recruiting techniques to acquire new members from around the world for our panels.
- Uses a variety of marketing/communication techniques to keep those members engaged in the panel so they have a positive response when contacted by us for a study and are motivated to continue to participate.
- Maintains accuracy of files and effectiveness of study sample by managing large databases and panel applications.
- Provides first-level data checking including sample size, skips, and summary tables, continually ensure the highest levels of accuracy and completion.
- Regularly reports to senior leaders on the growth and quality of the database.
- Coordinates with colleagues in the Research department to develop and recommend new research panel processes to support changes for continual effectiveness.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with external panel companies.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledgeable about/experienced using panel management applications.
- Familiar with technologies available to engage with panel members.
- Experienced at aggressively adding new members to an opt-in database.
- Experienced at developing and maintaining relationships with panel members across the globe.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong quantitative methodology and analysis skills in applied social research; considerable experience with analysis tools such as SPSS or other statistical packages.
- Flexible, adapting to accommodate new opportunities; comfortable with ambiguity.
- Self-starter who can work autonomously, comfortable working on virtual and geographically dispersed teams.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel while managing and meeting changing deadlines and priorities.
- Meticulous eye for detail.
- Ability to generate new ideas and creative solutions.
- Tight deadlines and multiple priorities, in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt to frequent and often unexpected demands.
- Ability to work virtually.
- Work with confidential issues and data.
- Multiple reporting relationships.
- Team structure.
- Some travel may be required.
Education and Experience Requirements
PhD or MA/MS with an emphasis in research methodology. Candidates should have at least three years of experience with panel development and management. Candidates with experience managing multinational panels preferred. Please list all languages for which you have professional working proficiency.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary history to Jobs@catalyst.org with “Panel Manager, Research” and an indication of where you found this job listed in the subject line. This is a full-time position (35 hours per week).