Department: Catalyst Canada
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Catalyst Toronto Office
Summary of Responsibilities
The Office Manager in Canada is responsible for general office and administrative support, provides support to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), and has Member Relations responsibilities.
Provide general administrative support and office management for department.
- Field inquires from members and the public.
- Liaise with the HR department to coordinate activities with HR as needed (recruitment, on-boarding of new staff, changes in staff, benefits, etc.).
- Liaise with the finance/accounting department to prepare invoice and cheque requests, coordinate processes around expense reporting, log cheques received, handle banking, follow up on outstanding invoices, petty cash reconciliation, etc.
- Liaise with the Information Technology department to coordinate IT needs and external IT consultants.
- Maintain files (financial, administrative, member-related and prospect files, suppliers/independent contractors).
- Liaise with media consultant/Vice President, Global Marketing & Corporate Communications (schedule media interviews for COO, media tracking, billing, etc.).
- Maintain the Public folder and other folders on the Canada server under the direction of the Executive Director.
- Co-ordinate with NYC office regarding organization-wide activities (e.g., all-staff meetings).
- Draft proposals and correspondence, as needed.
- Coordinate travel schedules for team (and other Catalyst staff), as needed.
- Provide general support to the Canada team (including remote staff), as needed.
- Maintain an inventory of old printed Catalyst publications.
- Assist with data entry, fact checking, and engagement support from time to time.
- Assist generally, such as: set up video conference/Skype calls, ensure that office equipment is maintained, maintain an appropriate inventory of supplies, liaise with office services contacts, negotiate service contracts, handle mail, coordinate lunch and make coffee from time to time, water plants.
Perform administrative duties for COO.
- Monitor COO and Executive Director calendar.
- Prepare expense reports for COO and Executive Director.
- Support Executive Director by coordinating activities for the Catalyst Canada Advisory Board (CAB) (canvass meeting dates with the Chair’s office, correspond with the EAs of board members, prepare board meeting package).
- Create, proofread, and edit routine correspondence for COO and Executive Director.
- Field and respond to telephone calls and other requests for the COO and Executive Director.
- Coordinate meetings and luncheons for COO and Executive Director.
- Maintain Salesforce contacts/interactions from COO’s and Executive Director’s meetings.
- Update Catalyst materials (e.g., CAB list, forms, filing of electronic documents to drive) in a timely manner.
Member Relations/Business Development.
- Responsible for new member on-boarding and member renewal processes.
- Take leadership of member collateral updates, tracking of events, speaking engagements, membership administration, etc.
- Support member prospecting, including written and verbal communication.
- Serve as Member Liaison to designated Catalyst member companies.
- Build and maintain knowledge of Catalyst member benefits, research, and services.
- Overall maintenance of Salesforce.
- For the Catalyst Canada Honours, co-ordinate administrative activities, logistics around regional staff attendance, track accounts payable/receivable and tasks assigned by the project manager.
- Take leadership on various member related projects and tasks, as needed.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong relationship management and communication skills, commitment to customer service to enable effective representation of Catalyst to members and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the corporate environments and issues facing working women, specifically in Canada would be an asset.
- Ability to recognize and leverage opportunities related to Catalyst's mission.
- Ability to prioritize and manage own workload, manage multiple projects’ responsibilities and meet deadlines, adaptable.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task, solid judgment.
- Has excellent verbal, written, and proofreading skills.
- Exercise solid judgment and pay close attention to detail.
- Personal computer literacy in a network environment with a Windows base (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Proficiency in word processing and knowledge of spreadsheet and presentation software; Salesforce expertise is a plus.
- Heavy computer use.
- Tight deadlines.
- Multiple priorities.
- Overtime may be required for specific projects throughout the year.
- Work with confidential issues and data.
- Some minimal travel is required.
- Multiple reporting relationships.
Education and Experience Requirements
This position requires a minimum of a B.A. or B.S. or equivalent, preferably in business, administration, or a related field of study and two years of administrative and/or office management experience, strong client service skills. Knowledge of diversity and inclusion issues in organizations, through education or work experience, is preferred.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary history to [email protected] with “Office Manager” and the source where you found this job posted in the subject line. This is a full time position based in Toronto, Canada.