Board Value Proposition:
Board Chair Experience
- Provided leadership to management and the Board at Angle Energy from start-up financing, through several acquisitions, the IPO on the TSX, and a strategic alternatives process, resulting in the successful sale to Bellatrix Exploration for $575 million in 2013.
Executive-Level Leadership and Oversight
- At Angle Energy and Osler, worked with management in developing compensation programs to align strategy, performance, and accountability at all levels of the organization.
- Provided oversight on the National Executive Committee of a business-critical law firm of over 450 lawyers in five cities (including New York), guiding the application of a five-year strategic plan and implementing a leadership succession plan.
Legal, Governance, Financing, and M&A Expertise
- Over 25 years of providing strategic advice to public and private companies in matters of governance and transformational transactions and assisting CEO and Chairs in setting Board agendas.
Oil and Gas Industry Expertise
- Strong understanding of the oil and gas industry gained as Chair of Angle Energy and with a wide range of energy clients.
- Working knowledge of regulatory regimes in the United States, United Kingdom, and Eastern Europe, as well as some developing and emerging countries.
- Commercial & Professional Services
- Diversified Commercial & Professional Svcs
- Oil & Gas Drilling
- Oil & Gas Equipment & Services
- Oil & Gas Exploration & Production
Tamarack Valley Energy Ltd 2015 to Present
Governance and Compensation Committee
Angle Energy Inc. 2004 to 2013
Chair, Corporate Governance and Compensation Committee
Environmental, Health and Safety Committee
Institute of Corporate Directors, Calgary Chapter 2010 to 2016
United Way of Calgary, Major Donor Cabinet 2011 to Present
Women President's Organization, Calgary Chapter 2011 to 2013
Wings of Hope Breast Cancer Foundation 2003 to 2008
Calgary Winter Club, Competitive Swim Team Executive 2013 to 2016
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP 2017 to Present
Corporate and Securities Partner
Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP 2006 to 2017
Partner, Corporate Law, Governance and M&A
Member, National Executive Committee, 2011–2015
Member, National Compensation Committee, 2015–2016
Bennett Jones LLP 1990 to 2006
Partner, Corporate Law
Juris Doctor, University of Saskatchewan, 1990
B.Com, University of Saskatchewan, 1989