Do you know your rights in the workplace and beyond?
The websites linked below are intended to provide general information and should not be treated as legal advice.
- American Association of University Women (AAUW): Legal Advocacy Fund (LAF): Legal resources and case support for challenging sex discrimination in higher education and the workplace.
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU): Answers to frequently asked questions regarding legal rights, including such topics as pregnant and breastfeeding workers, Title IX and sexual assault, transgender people and discrimination, and many others.
- Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion (EARN): Legal rights and responsibilities related to employees with disabilities.
- European Commission: Gender Equality: Legislative overviews and working papers on equal pay, employment rights, social security and pension, parental leave, women on boards and leadership positions, and other topics relating to gender equality in the EU.
- Human Rights Campaign (HRC): State Maps of Laws & Policies: Information on LGBT-related employment laws organized by both state and issue.
- ILGA-Europe: Description of anti-discrimination laws and resources for LGBTI people in Europe.
- Lambda Legal: Nonprofit legal organization recognizing civil rights of LGBT people and those with HIV. Legal guides are available on a broad range of topics, including employment discrimination.
- Legal Momentum: Statistics, legal resource kits, blog posts, news and events on the legal rights of women. Focus topics include poverty, violence, workplace rights, courts and the justice system, and equity in education.
- National Women's Law Center (NWLC): Coverage of US women’s legal issues nationally and by state. Focus topics include child care, education and Title IX, poverty, LGBTQ equality, the military, poverty and economic security, racial and ethnic justice, and workplace issues.
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC): Resource for workplace discrimination, providing statistics, descriptions of laws and regulations, steps to file a charge, and research reports.
- Women’s Legal Education and Action Fund (LEAF): Member-based organization that provides a legal case search engine, educational programs, and news for equality in Canada.
- Transgender Law Center: Legal overviews, policies, advocacy, case studies, reports, and blogs on discrimination based on gender identity and expression.
- Workplace Fairness: Introductory guides to workplace rights.