Department: Member Relations
Reports to: Senior Director, Member Relations
Summary of Responsibilities
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced relationship management professional. Under the leadership of the Senior Director, this sales professional will be responsible developing a member outreach strategy, recruiting new member organizations, managing a portfolio of member organizations, and leading the development and delivery of member services and events. This is a “solutions-oriented” position that uses consultative sales techniques. The Membership Manager develops and maintains in-depth relationships with assigned regional member organizations, and cultivates new memberships in new industries and in new geographies. She or he is also responsible for helping to advance awareness of the Catalyst mission, and represents Catalyst at high-profile external events and speaking engagements. This position is in the Los Angeles, California region. The successful candidate will work out of her or his home office.
- Responsible for new member development via prospecting, qualifying, selling, and closing new Catalyst memberships.
- Develop and maintain prospect and member list for membership leads.
- Speak to external constituencies regarding Catalyst’s mission, research, and services that assist companies in recruiting, retaining and advancing women, including communicating trends and best practices.
- Develop and leverage an external network of resources and contacts that can be called upon for connections and information.
- Collaborate with membership teams in other regions to share best practices and design strategies to develop new members and better serve existing members.
- Represent Catalyst at select events attended by executives in Southern California.
- Build and maintain in-depth knowledge of Catalyst member benefits, research, and services.
- Identify and develop the relevant content for member and prospect meetings, using Catalyst research and other resources.
- Represent Catalyst at select events attended by executives in your region.
- Support development and execution of regional events to convene members and prospects.
- Develop and proactively manage relationships with contacts at assigned member companies through email, phone and in-person contact.
- Serve as Relationship Manager to designated Catalyst member companies, maintaining regular contact with members regarding upcoming events/research, their needs and concerns, Catalyst benefits, and responses to their requests.
- Work with the membership team to coordinate billing and on-boarding of new members.
Knowledge and Skill
- Experience in consulting services, fundraising, human resource services or other related area with a demonstrated record of goal achievement.
- Broad knowledge of and experience in the corporate world, general knowledge of issues facing working women.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with well-developed interpersonal skills, an understanding of and commitment to customer service, and a professional demeanor.
- Ability to think strategically and recognize and leverage opportunities related to Catalyst's mission.
- Ability to speak publicly to a wide range of audiences, from line managers to senior executives.
- A passion for promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Strong client-facing experience and abilities, including project planning and oversight, and problem solving.
- The ability to play a leadership role in a highly team-oriented, virtual work environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, and outstanding attention to detail.
- Personal computer proficiency in a networked Windows environment.
Education and Experience
The Membership Manager position requires a minimum of a BA or BS or equivalent, preferably in business, marketing, social science, organizational development, or a related field of study, and five or more years of progressively responsible business development, relationship management, consultative sales, client service, member relations, or consulting work experience. Experience working with human resources, diversity and/or fundraising is a plus. Applicants with an established network of contacts in the business community and an MBA are preferred.
The candidate must be comfortable with multiple reporting relationships. The successful candidate will work virtually out of her or his home. Some travel is required.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary history to [email protected] with “Membership Manger – Los Angeles” in the subject line.