Board Value Proposition:
Board, Audit Committee and Audit Chair Experience
- As Chair, led the audit committee of the Liquor Control Board of Ontario (LCBO), including: oversight of financial reporting; development of enterprise risk management and its effective integration into strategic, operational, and project planning and decision making; re-engineering of the internal audit function that resulted in improved business processes, enhanced compliance, and over $100 million in savings; and enhancing policies and practices to improve committee performance.
- As Chair, leads the Audit Committee for the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada, providing strategic advice and oversight of financial reporting, risk management, human resource management, and protection of personal information, internal audit, information technology, and cybersecurity.
- As a member of Shared Services Canada’s Senior Advisory Council, provided strategic advice to streamline the Government of Canada’s $1.4 billion IT infrastructure and enhance security across the enterprise.
Management Consulting with Financial Expertise
- Founded and developed Murray Management Consulting, a management consulting and CFO services practice working with executives in the public and private sectors to improve business processes and management practices and enhance performance.
Executive Leadership, Capital Projects, and Organizational Redevelopment
- As an executive with the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, successfully managed the health and long-term care sector in eastern Ontario. In addition to managing a $250 million service budget, successfully established three Community Care Access Centres and led the first redevelopment of a $250 million chronic care hospital into a long-term care facility in Ontario.
- Commercial & Professional Services
- Diversified Commercial & Professional Svcs
- Food & Staples Retailing
- Food Distributors
- Food, Beverage, & Tobacco
- Distillers & Vintners
- Health Care Equipment & Services
- Health Care Facilities
- Health Care Services
- Information Technology
Liquor Control Board of Ontario (LCBO) 2005 to 2015
Chair, Audit Committee, 2007–2015
Pine River Foundation 2017 to Present
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada 2008 to 2017
Chair, Audit Committee
Shared Services Canada (SSC), Senior Advisory Council 2012 to 2014
Gatineau Fish & Game Club 2008 to 2013
Office of the Commissioner of Official Languages of Canada 2007 to 2014
Treasurer Financial Management Institute’s Professional Development Week 2004 to 2009
Chair, Performance Measurement & Internal Audit
Gloucester Emergency Food Cupboard 1988 to 1990
Murray Consulting Inc. 2000 to Present
Ontario Ministry of Health 1991 to 1998
Executive Area Manager
Manager, Finance and Administration
KPMG LLP 1986 to 1991
IIA Accreditation in Quality Assessment and Validation, Institute of Internal Auditors, 2006, 2012
CA, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario, 1989
BComm (Hons.), Carleton University, 1986