Board Value Proposition:
Successful Entrepreneur with Strategic Planning and Operations Expertise
- Co-founded, built, and sold two successful companies: Webhelp, an information technology and business process outsourcing company, and The King West Club, a health services company.
- As COO of Webhelp, created a unique business model using proprietary technology and services, developed a strong senior leadership team, built strategic global partnerships, and led the development of world-class business processes and enterprise risk-management systems.
- Achieved industry-leading revenue growth, attracted F500 clients, licensed and sold proprietary technology, secured private equity investment of more than $60 million, created over 2,000 jobs around the world, and successfully sold the business to a private equity firm.
- Led the development and successful execution of the business plan as CEO of The King West Club. Achieved rapid customer acquisition, realized high customer retention, awarded 5-star rating by National Post, and successfully sold the business to a private investor.
Business Leadership and Bottom-Line Results
- At IBM, managed product and professional services portfolios ranging from $90 million to $200 million in annual sales, led and negotiated major customer engagements and contracts, and developed innovative business offerings. Recognized for consistently exceeding revenue, expense, and customer satisfaction targets.
- Built and led an outstanding senior team of marketing and sales professionals, and led the development and successful execution of the brand strategy of a midrange product line as National Brand Manager at IBM. Increased revenue by 30% to $190 million in annual sales, grew market share by 4%, and exceeded all customer satisfaction, business partner satisfaction, growth and expense targets over two years.
Effective Executive Coach and Mentor
- Mentored CEOs and executive teams of promising early-stage technology companies as an independent advisor at both MaRS and Cambrai Solutions. Provided strategic and leadership coaching and facilitated access to networks and capital.
- Coached 25 teams of MBA and HBA candidates over six years as an Executive-in-Residence at the Ivey Business School. Advised on all aspects of the consulting engagement process, as well as the development of business plans and investor presentations, enabling teams to enhance their skills and deliver increased value to their clients.
- Consumer Services
- Specialized Consumer Services
- Information Technology
- Software & Services
- Data Processing & Outsourced Services
- Internet Software Services
- IT Consulting & Other Services
- South Asia
- North America
The King West Club 2004 to 2008
Webhelp Inc. 1999 to 2003
University Health Network Information Technology Committee 2014 to Present
Public Accountants Council for the Province of Ontario 2013 to Present
Ivey Business School Advisory Board 2011 to Present
Disruption and Innovation Task Force
MaRS 2010 to Present
Ivey Business School 2009 to 2015
Executive-in-Residence, Ivey Consulting Project
Entrepreneur-in-Residence, Ivey New Venture Project
Cambrai Solutions 2010 to 2012
The King West Club 2004 to 2008
Co-founder, Director and Chief Executive Officer
Webhelp 1999 to 2003
Co-founder, Director and Chief Operations Officer
IBM Canada 1989 to 1999
Global Services Executive
Professional Services Executive
National Brand Manager
ICD.D, Institute of Corporate Directors, 2006
MBA, Ivey Business School at Western University, 1989
BComm (Hons.), University of Toronto, 1987