Board Value Proposition:
CEO Experience, Strategy, and Financial Performance
- A successful Chief Executive Officer of a financial services technology firm with over 800 employees and clients across international locations.
- Skilled in leading in complex business environments: developing and overseeing strategy, risk assessment, and information technology planning and implementation. Especially experienced in large technology programs and transformational change, where benefits are realized through a relentless focus on objectives, scope, stakeholders, and costs.
- Responsible for executing an aggressive growth strategy delivering record sales, earnings, and assets under management during the financial crisis.
- Reduced infrastructure and operations costs, redirecting savings into new systems development (approximately $25 million USD per year).
- Recognized relationship building through years of work in complex corporate environments and as CEO of a private joint venture, where shareholder interests occasionally diverge.
Talent Development, Executive Compensation, and Succession Planning
- Exceptional track record in recognizing and developing talent, with a focus on building a strong succession bench for key roles.
- Knowledge of and interest in a strategic approach to executive compensation, driving results by aligning pay with strategy/performance.
- Influential corporate director with over 10 years of experience on private boards. Elected to Chair of FundSERV Board (mutual fund industry’s transaction platform) within two years of joining.
- Diversified Financials
- Other Diversified Financial Services
- Information Technology
- Life & Health Insurance
- Software & Services
- Application Software
- Data Processing & Outsourced Services
- Systems Software
- United Kingdom
- United States
FundSERV 2014 to Present
Chair (April 2016)
HR and Governance Committee
IFDS (Canada) Ltd. 2014 to Present
John Hancock (U.S.A.) 2006 to 2010
John Hancock (New York) 2006 to 2010
Junior Achievement of Central Ontario 2004 to Present
United Way Campaign, Manulife Financial 2001 to 2002
International Financial Data Services (Canada) LTD 2013 to Present
President and CEO
Executive Vice President, Client Experience Group
Manulife Financial 1993 to 2011
Executive Vice President and General Manager, John Hancock Financial Services Division, Retirement Plan Services, 2006–2011
Senior Vice President, Systems & Operations, Retirement Plan Services, U.S. Group Pensions, 2004–2006
Vice President, Operations, Retirement Plan Services, U.S. Group Pensions, 2000–2004
Various Roles, 1993–2000
ICD.D, Institute of Corporate Directors, 2015
Executive Leadership Program, Queen’s University, 1999
BA (Psych.), Queen’s University, 1991