Board Value Proposition:
Operations and M&A Integration
- Transitioned from leading a $475 million western company to a $1.6 billion company, including establishing a new management team.
- Improved direct written premiums from $1.6 billion to $1.9 billion, combined ratio from 102.8% to 96.5%, and employee engagement from 62% to 75% between 2012 and 2015.
- Integrated the purchase of Citadel General Insurance Company into various operational functions within 18 months.
- Increased productivity, measured by employee per policy in force, by 24% since 2004.
Organizational Transformation and Human Resources
- Developed and implemented a human resource policy that focused on retention, recruitment, and training, increasing employee engagement from 76% in 2006 to 87% in 2010.
- Transformed company culture by changing company structure, introducing disciplined reporting and monitoring, including operational excellence concepts and key performance indicators.
- Pioneered and implemented an outsourcing strategy with India for commercial business.
- Developed a digital strategy for distribution channel.
- Developed broker partnering models focusing on service standards, growth, and profitability
Sales and Marketing Leadership
- Entered market/product segments with a new strategy for specialty solutions, and launched auto insurance in British Columbia.
- Protected and increased Intact’s market share using broker financing and acquisitions.
- Transformed the sales culture for commercial lines through new marketing techniques, operational excellence, and disciplined reporting and monitoring.
- Commercial & Professional Services
- Property And Casualty Insurance
SOS Children’s Villages Canada 2013 to Present
Finance and Audit Committee
British Columbia Institute of Technology 2008 to 2010
Insurance Institute Advisory Committee
Insurance Bureau of Canada Regulatory Committees, BC, Yukon and Alberta 2006 to 2008
Women in Insurance Cancer Crusade, BC Steering Committee 2002 to 2006
Co-Founder and Co-Chair
Intact Financial Corporation 2011 to Present
Senior Vice President, Western Division, Intact Insurance Company
Deputy Senior Vice President, Western Division, Intact Insurance Company
AXA Pacific Insurance Company (now Intact Insurance Company) 1995 to 2011
Executive Vice President
Vice President, Operations
Vice President, Finance and Administration
OSFI (Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions, Canada) 1990 to 1995
Concordia University 1987 to 1997
Professor – Accounting (Continuing Education)
ZITTRER SIBLIN (now Ernst & Young) 1984 to 1990
Assistant Director, Human Resources and Professional Development
Canadian Securities Institute Course, 1992
CA, Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants, 1986
Graduate Degree in Public Accountancy, McGill University, 1985
CMA, Certified Management Accountant, 1984
BComm, Concordia University, 1984