Catalyst's Member Relations Department is looking for an undergraduate or graduate student seeking credit for an unpaid internship to support our operations in India.
How Would I Support the Team?
Interns who work for Catalyst’s Member Relations Department will gain in-depth training and valuable experience in a variety of tasks relevant to supporting our ongoing expansion in India.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Update and maintain database with Indian company/individual data.
- Independently conduct telephone and email outreach to prospective and current member base in India.Assist India membership team in conducting secondary research on Indian headquartered and multinational firms. This includes identifying appropriate HR/Diversity and Inclusion contacts through web-based research.
- Support the creation of new regional collateral for our Indian member community.
- Support in event planning (i.e., sending invitations, follow-up email/phone calls, thank you notes).
- Assist team with project work, as available and applicable.
- Interns will work directly with Senior Director, India and other full-time staff and managers, who will supervise, train, and observe their work efforts and tasks.
This internship is a part-time position, requiring approximately 15-20 hours per week. The length of the internship and weekly work schedule are flexible, and interns may work from home for certain tasks. Virtual interns will also be considered.
- Interns are required to have basic to intermediate skills in web research, an understanding of general research principles, strong attention to detail, and writing experience.
- Interns must be motivated, possess initiative and a sense of urgency, be technologically savvy, and be able to work independently.
- Though welcome, previous research and/or corporate work experience is not required. On-the-job training will be provided as part of the internship.
- Familiarity with Indian businesses climate and cultural understanding is preferred.
- This internship is unpaid and open only to those students seeking credit for an internship.
If you are interested, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. In the cover letter, please address the following topics: (1) why you want to work for Catalyst; (2) what you would like to work on/what you expect from the internship; (3) what unique skills and abilities you could bring to the role; and (4) a proposed work schedule.