Internship at Catalyst, Inc.
The Catalyst HR team is seeking a winter/spring intern who is interested in gaining experience and knowledge in a variety of areas within the Human Resources function.
Founded in 1962, Catalyst is the leading nonprofit organization accelerating progress for women through workplace inclusion. With operations in the United States, Canada, Europe, India, Australia, and Japan, and more than 800 supporting organizations, Catalyst is the trusted resource for research, information, and advice about women at work.
Interns who work for Catalyst’s Human Resources Department will gain valuable experience
through a variety of tasks relevant to today’s nonprofit professional including:
- Gain exposure to various talent-related initiatives and general support functions, including performance review processes, promotion discussions, manager and staff training research, and talent review assessments.
- Learn about our hiring process by assisting with recruiting or onboarding initiatives (if the opportunity arises) such as posting an open position or screening resumes. Shadow telephone screenings, interviews, or Catalyst University onboarding orientations.
- Navigate our online Human Resources Information System (HRIS) to verify data and access the database.
- Assist in preparing HR audits: report preparation, data collection, and verification.
- Participate in planning staff engagement activities or side projects as time allows.
- Gain hands-on knowledge of general HR record keeping and organizing practices.
Interns will work directly with all HR team members who will supervise, train, and observe interns’ work efforts and tasks.
This internship is a part-time position, requiring approximately 15-20 hours per week. The length of the internship and weekly work schedule are flexible.
This internship is unpaid and open only to students seeking credit or experience for an internship.
If you are interested in this internship, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected], subject: HR Intern. In the cover letter, please address the following topics: (1) Why you want to work for Catalyst; (2) What you would like to work on/what you expect from the internship; (3) What unique skills and abilities you could bring to the role; and (4) Offer a proposed work schedule.