Reports to: Global Events Manager
The Associate in Events works as part of the events team to strategize and execute all Catalyst events, including The Catalyst Canada Honours, webinars, CEO Summit, the Catalyst Awards Conference and Dinner, research launch events, partner events, and other knowledge dissemination events.
- Work with the Events Senior Associate and Director, and global Events staff, to administrate The Catalyst Canada Honours.
- Assist in the generation of invoices for contributions, table purchases, etc.; follow up on collection of money; supervise mailing of thank you and tax acknowledgement letters.
- Assist in training and managing staff who serve as volunteers at the event.
- Interact with Conference and Dinner contacts regarding table sponsorships, guest names, logistics for Dinner evening, registration and logistics for daytime Conference.
- Assist in managing guest list and name badge generation, invitation mailings, Associate Chair registration, RSVPs and seating lists.
- Assist in the administration for large paper and electronic mailings related to the Annual Dinner/Conference and other events.
- Compile materials for electronic and hard-copy distribution to public and corporate contacts.
- Assist in handling communications with outside vendors to finalize event details including room set-up, flowers and decoration, menu, and A/V equipment.
- Manage smaller in-person and virtual events.
- Strategize and plan event topics and speakers with broader team based on research agenda and member interest.
- Assist in handling invitation process, including electronic distribution of invitation and the online attendee registration system.
- Interact with panelists and presenters about content, design and technology.
- Run virtual event technology during virtual events.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all Catalyst departments and staff at all levels.
- Ability to juggle multiple project responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- An understanding of, and commitment to, customer service.
- Ability to represent Catalyst in a clear, effective, and professional manner.
- Extreme attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills.
- Knowledge of Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Internet.
- Knowledge of, or ability to quickly learn, social media platform and email distribution systems (Vertical Response, Constant Contact, etc).
- Team structure(s).
- Heavy computer use.
- Tight deadlines.
- Multiple priorities.
- Work with confidential issues and data.
- Frequent interruptions.
- Occasionally required to work outside of normal office hours
Education and Experience Requirements
This position requires a BA or equivalent, and at least three years of experience in both in-person and virtual events. Familiarity with social media and strong administrative skills are necessary, while experience in marketing for a nonprofit would be a plus.
To apply for this position, please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com with "Events Associate, Toronto" and the source of the job listing in the subject line.