Department: Learning Products & Programs
Reports to: Senior Director, Men Advocating Real Change
Location: NYC Office
Summary of Responsibilities
The Director of MARC Networks and Client Engagement manages key client relationships and shapes cross-company learning and development for Men Advocating Real Change (MARC) Leaders alumni and Catalyst’s larger Supporter community. MARC works to engage men in more effective participation of diversity and inclusion by resolving the barriers men face in participation, focusing on the mutual benefit of equality, and redesigning cross-gender partnership and collaboration. MARC Leaders brings senior level men and women together around topics such as privilege, unconscious bias, and culture, to establish in-person connections, and to translate insights into actions and solutions. The Director supports content development, brings thought leadership to discussions and facilitated dialogue, and works with key clients and learners to explore strategic opportunities that will result in behavior changes and a shift in demographic representation.
- Convene and moderate; responsibilities include driving conversations and learning with global senior leaders from Fortune 500/1000 companies in webinars, panels, in-person programming, and facilitating MARC services and learning programs.
- Advance Catalyst's mission by designing, executing, and representing Catalyst in high-profile events and speaking engagements, such as in annual engagements, International Women’s Day, and at Catalyst’s Awards Conference.
- Develop and advance key client relationships to leverage strategic partnerships to strengthen capabilities, tools, future opportunities, and ultimately realize MARC’s growth potential.
- Provide content expertise and best practices on engaging men in gender equity with diversity and inclusion teams while driving rollout of alumni programming and opportunities to equip MARC Alumni champions and client companies to cascade learning and change throughout their organizations.
- Represent MARC Leaders alumni needs and content requirements, deepen learner engagement, and support the design and development of MARC resources.
- Collaborate with Research and provide feedback on the translation of Catalyst’s engaging men research, best practices, and other sources to develop “actionable” and deeply engaging learning programs, ensuring the end goal of molding a body of learners into change agents and champions of gender diversity and equality.
- Function as the go-to resource for end-users, ensuring understanding and feasibility of content and material, operating as advisor and providing administrative support and solutions when necessary.
- Provide feedback on data collection and assessments to track and measure content, making recommendations to uncover current and future needs.
- Collaborate on content development and ensure a high standard of program design, learning methods, solutions and tools are maintained and refreshed throughout the learning process.
- Disseminate information to the general public and the media through effective speaking and writing.
- Participate in internal strategy planning to shape and develop future products and services that advance the Catalyst mission and MARC objectives.
- Shape and write client proposals based on client needs, requests, and opportunities.
- Advance Catalyst’s customer-focused strategy, working to respond to all client requests within 24 hours.
Knowledge and Skills
- Expert ability to establish and advance key client relationships with a proven understanding of anticipating end-user goals and needs.
- Expertise on engaging men strategies, best practices, and solutions.
- Superior group facilitation and presentation skills.
- The ability to write strong, clear, articulate, concise, and engaging prose in various voices for diverse audiences.
- Influential and persuasive people skills with strong focus on customer orientation.
- Ability to effectively represent Catalyst to external clients and audiences.
- Ability to recognize and leverage opportunities related to Catalyst’s engaging men mission.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to function effectively in a team-based environment as well as independently.
- Ability to juggle multiple project responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Ability and flexibility to work effectively with colleagues across varying departments and job levels.
- Personal computer literacy in a networked Windows environment; proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Flexibility to adapt to frequent and often unexpected demands.
- Some travel is required (approximately 25% with some periods of greater frequency).
- Deadline-driven and fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and limited turnaround time.
Education and Experience Requirements
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in social science, business administration, or a related field of study and at least five (5) progressive years of work experience in client management, events and marketing, program management, or business development. Familiarity with multiple communications tools, and strategies for solutions, and content knowledge in gender studies is critical.
How to Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter and desired salary to [email protected] with “Director of MARC Networks & Client Engagement” in the subject line. Due to the large number of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.