Department: Corporate Engagement
Reports to: Senior Director, US
Location: Chicago —Virtual (work from home)
Summary of Responsibilities
Under the leadership of the Executive Director, US, this consultative sales professional is responsible for developing a regional corporate outreach strategy, recruiting new Supporter organizations, managing a portfolio of existing supporter organizations, and leading the development and delivery of Supporter services including speaking engagements and events. The Director develops and maintains in-depth relationships with assigned organizations, cultivates new Supporters across industries, and is responsible for retention and increased engagement of Supporter organizations.
Corporate Support Prospecting
- Responsible for new revenue development via prospecting, qualifying, selling, and closing new Catalyst Supporters.
- Develop and maintain large prospect and account portfolio.
- Speak to external constituencies regarding Catalyst’s mission, research, services, and solutions that assist companies in recruiting, retaining, and advancing women; communicate trends and best practices.
- Develop and leverage an external network of resources and contacts that can be called upon for connections and information.
- Collaborate with Catalyst teams in other regions to share best practices and design strategies to develop new Supporters and better serve existing accounts.
Regional Market Development
- Build a market presence for Catalyst by becoming a visible Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) partner and resource, attending regional events and networking opportunities and making connections with local D&I partner organizations.
- Develop, plan, and promote Catalyst events in your assigned region, providing a platform for Catalyst as well as our Supporter organizations.
- Connect the Catalyst Supporter regional community by fostering relationships and building networks across Supporter organizations.
- Build and maintain in-depth knowledge of Catalyst resources, research, and services. Grow to be a resource for Catalyst Supporter organizations on their D&I strategy journey.
- Identify and develop the relevant content for supporter and prospect meetings, using Catalyst research and other resources.
- Represent Catalyst at select events attended by executives in your region.
- Support the development and execution of events designed to convene Catalyst Supporter organizations and prospects.
- Develop and proactively manage relationships with contacts at assigned companies through email, phone, and in-person contact.
- Serve as relationship manager to designated Catalyst corporate Supporters, maintaining regular contact regarding upcoming Catalyst events/research and stakeholders’ needs and issues, as well as communicating Catalyst offerings and following up on various requests.
- Work with Development team to coordinate billing and on-boarding of new corporate Supporters.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in sales, business development, account management, consulting services, fundraising, human resources, or other related areas, with a demonstrated record of achieving goals.
- Broad knowledge of and experience in the corporate world; general knowledge of issues facing working women.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with well-developed interpersonal skills, an understanding of and commitment to customer service, and a professional demeanor.
- Ability to think strategically and recognize and leverage opportunities related to Catalyst's mission.
- Ability to speak publicly to a wide range of audiences, from line managers to senior executives.
- Passionate about promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Strong client-facing experience and abilities, including project management and problem-solving.
- Ability to play a leadership role in a highly team-oriented, virtual work environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and work with confidential issues and data.
- Ability to work remotely; must be highly effective while self-managed.
- Fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Some travel is required (20%).
Education and Experience Requirements
This position requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in business, marketing, social science, organizational development, or a related field of study, and at least five years of progressively responsible business development, relationship management, consultative sales, client service, member relations, or consulting work experience. Fundraising experience a plus. An established network of contacts in the business community is preferred.
How to Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter, preferred location and desired salary to [email protected] with “Director, Corporate Engagement” in the subject line. Due to the large number of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.