Department: Catalyst Europe AG
Reports to: Executive Director
Summary of Responsibilities
Catalyst Europe operates as a learning platform focused on developing innovative solutions to the diverse gender and talent challenges of its culturally diverse Supporter (client) base. Catalyst Europe is looking to hire a director for its virtual pan-European team.
The ideal candidate will be used to working on multiple tasks simultaneously and independently, to complement the entrepreneurial and client-centric culture of the organization. The candidate should be able to function in an untraditional and creative work environment, and possess first-rate listening and communication skills. A high degree of cultural awareness and sensitivity, as well as the ability to forge “virtual” relationships with both clients and team members, is also vital.
The Director, under the purview of the Executive Director (ED), will provide process and thought leadership for assigned projects. Responsibilities include:
- Facilitating discussions with senior-level client executives, independently or in conjunction with the ED.
- Serving as a Relationship Manager for priority member companies, and managing day-to-day relations with other client contacts.
- Speaking to groups in roundtable settings and conferences, which may be focused on data or research findings.
- Assisting in new business development (bringing on new clients).
- Representing Catalyst externally through dissemination of information and strategic messaging to corporate audiences, the general public, and the media.
- Recommending Catalyst services to fulfill specific member needs by maintaining in-depth personal knowledge of Catalyst's areas of expertise and service offerings.
Knowledge and Skills
The ideal candidate has at least five years of professional experience and considerable knowledge of some or all of the following subject areas: leadership development, talent management, global gender equality issues, global diversity, change within complex organizations, coaching, performance management systems, presentation skills, group facilitation, and the development of workshops, products, tools, and services.
The candidate possesses a global outlook and cultural sensitivity. They are familiar with issues facing the business world and corporate environments, and use this knowledge to form a compelling bigger picture and communicate it through data, qualitative information, and/or best practices. They excel at project management and problem solving, yet are highly conceptual and creative. The candidate is capable of high-caliber yet nuanced written and oral expression, and is comfortable with group facilitation/workshop leadership. In addition, they are able to thrive in a highly team-oriented yet virtual work environment.
- Five or more years of professional experience, ideally in sales, consulting, project management, human resources, and/or change management.
- B.A. or B.S. degree or local equivalent desirable but not required.
- Fluent English (oral and written); other European languages a plus but not required.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Computer literacy in a networked Windows environment; spreadsheet and database software literacy a plus.
- Thrives on exchange and innovation.
- EU passport or appropriate work permit.
- Multiple priorities and (varying) tight deadlines.
- Exposure to sensitive supporter company documents; confidentiality required.
- Occasional travel (up to 25%).
- Highly collaborative work culture.
- Focus on shared achievement.
How to Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter and desired salary to [email protected] with “Director, Catalyst Europe” in the subject line. Due to the large number of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.