Board Value Proposition:
CEO Recruitment, Succession Planning, and Executive Performance Planning
- Significant CEO recruitment and onboarding experience; recruited and onboarded six CEOs.
- Redesigned annual CEO and Executive Performance Plan processes to ensure alignment with annual Service Plan, and developed operational and leadership scorecards to strengthen alignment with base and incentive pay at BC Hydro, Fortis BC (BC Gas), and Centra Gas.
Human Resources and Merger Integration
- Led integration of BC Hydro and BC Transmission Corporation staff/total rewards programs. Integration completed on time, below budget, and exceeded position elimination targets. This included redesigning HR organizational structures to meet workforce planning needs, increasing emphasis on training and information systems, simplifying end processes and systems. Development and implementation of company-wide HR information systems (e.g., payroll, recruitment, employee self-serve).
Change Management and Organizational Transformation
- Successful, cost-effective completion of wide workforce reduction project, eliminating 850 back-office positions, while maintaining employee engagement and ensuring succession plans were leveraged.
- Led executive project team in redesign of Trade Floor business model; established new organizational structure that better supported day-to-day operational requirements and succession planning. Developed compensation philosophy/framework and supporting performance-management framework/tools.
Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Updated Terasen Gas’ (now Fortis BC) annual business planning process and drafted a "Strategy Map" of the five-year strategic plan based on the "Balanced Scorecard" framework (including measures/ targets); facilitated monthly executive financial and operational reporting meeting to ensure alignment with strategic 2010 goals and objectives.
- Electric Utilities
- Gas Utilities
- Independent Power Producers & Energy Traders
YWCA Metro Vancouver 2012 to Present
Technology Education & Careers Council 2005 to 2015
Crown Corporation Employers Association, (CCEA) 2005 to 2013
Go Networking Society 2005 to 2013
BC Hydro and Power Authority 2005 to 2015
Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer, 2010–2015 (Retired)
Chief Human Resources Officer, 2008–2010
Strategic Human Resources and Training Director, Field Operations, 2007–2008
Human Resources Director, Powerex (BC Hydro subsidiary), 2005–2007
Terasen Gas (now Fortis BC) 1999 to 2005
Manager, Enterprise Process Strategies, 2004–2005
Senior Human Resources Advisor, 2005
ICD.D, Institute of Corporate Directors Diploma, 2014
CHRP, BC Human Resource Management Association, 2002
MBA, Royal Roads University, 2001