Board Value Proposition:
P&L Accountability and Leadership
- As Senior Vice President, Ontario Division of Intact Insurance with full P&L ($3 billion annual direct written premium), lead the division’s 1,000 employees in all areas including distribution, sales and business development, human resources, and finance.
Strategic Planning and Execution
- Executive sponsor for specialized sales management program for underwriters.
- Implemented re-engineered personal lines auto and home-owners pricing methodology and segmentation, using predictive analytics with "gold standard" results.
Organizational Transformation and Mergers & Acquisitions
- Led Intact Insurance, Ontario Division through two acquisitions: AXA Insurance & Jevco Insurance, resulting in the successful integration of strong, well established company cultures, legacy data systems, and additional lines of business.
- Responsible for First National Bank of Pennsylvania merger and acquisition, including moving corporate office from Florida back to Pennsylvania; key member of the team leading the acquisition of two banks.
- Led marketing and implementation of new revenue-generating products leading to improved revenue and increased sales.
- Directed the creation and implementation of several key internal sales-development programs including: an internal loyalty program, a comprehensive sales-management program, implementation of a bank-wide electronic product knowledge learning program, and implementation of successful internal program “Customers First.”
- As president for western region (six US states and 160 locations), managed the Safeway SELECT Bank turnaround, and grew sales by 400% in eight months, improving bottom-line results.
- As a key member of the executive team for CIBC’s North American private banking strategy, led the pre-launch project plan for AMICUS Bank in the northeastern United States, which included strategies for sales, marketing, financing, and business planning. Also established marketing objectives and strategies, and integrated all advertising, point of sale, and promotional plans.
- Diversified Banks
- Regional Banks
- Multi-line Insurance
- Property And Casualty Insurance
- United States
Canadian Stage Company 2013 to 2016
Chair, Governance & Nominating Committee
Intact Insurance Company 2005 to Present
Senior Vice President, Ontario
Chief Operating Officer, Ontario Region
Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce 1981 to 2003
Vice President and Market Leader, CIBC Branch Banking, Greater Toronto Area
Director and District Manager, Strategy Development and Implementation Team
District Manager, Greater Toronto Area
AMICUS Bank—President’s Choice Financial (Division of CIBC) 1997 to 1998
Vice President and National Sales Leader, In-Store Sales
AMICUS Bank (Division of CIBC) 1998 to 2003
President (Safeway Select Bank—USA)
Senior Vice President, New Business, eCommerce USA
Senior Vice President, Executive Pre-Launch Team USA
First National Bank of Pennsylvania 2003 to 2004
Executive Vice President
FICB (Fellowship Institute of Canadian Bankers)
MBA, University of Toronto
BA (Econ.), McMaster University