Department: Catalyst Canada
Reports to: Vice President, Global Marketing & Corporate Communications
Working under the VP Global Communications, the Communications Manager will develop and implement media communications plans for the Catalyst Canada market, develop messaging and media materials across digital communications platforms, shape stories, and respond to media inquiries. This position develops social media plans for Canada and manages their execution, conducts media training for staff, and cultivates ongoing relationships with the media and relevant Catalyst members. There may be opportunities to work across regions and globally. The candidate must be a team-oriented professional with solid communications writing and management skills.
- Working across departments and teams, develop and execute on marketing communications plans for Canada.
- Manage launches, social media, and ongoing media relations in Canada (and potentially in other regions) relating to Catalyst research releases and events.
- Develop key messaging and talking points for Catalyst Canada and organizational spokespeople.
- Write/edit communications materials (blogs, website content, tweets, releases/alerts, newsletters, op eds/letters to editor, speeches).
- Identify and implement strategic speaking opportunities.
- Potentially extend communications reach in other regions globally.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experienced in implementing integrated strategy for traditional and social media, working across varied digital communications platforms.
- Skilled communications writer and editor.
- Ability to translate complex issues into key points for target audiences across communications platforms.
- Ability to develop strategic media and marketing communications plans.
- Expert in developing website content.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and handle high-pressure situations, as well as plan and execute longer-term projects.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Management experience.
- Bilingual in French preferred.
- Tight deadlines
- Collaborative team player with strong people skills.
- Mission-driven service organization.
- Occasional work outside normal office hours.
- Ability to thrive in a mission-driven and creative work environment.
Education and Experience Requirements
- This position requires BA or BS and five or more years of progressively responsible experience in communications, public relations, or public affairs.
- Staff management experience.
- Ability to read, write, and speak a second language is a plus.
To apply for this position, please send your resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and writing sample to email@example.com. Please list the title of the position, Communications Manager, Canada, in the subject line as well as the source of the job posting.