Department: Communications - Marketing
Reports to: Vice President, Global Marketing & Corporate Communications
Working under the VP Global Communications, the Communications Manager will create media communications plans, respond to media inquiries, develop messaging, and write/edit communications across several regions/offices and digital platforms. This position develops integrated social media plans and manages their execution, conducts media training for staff, and cultivates ongoing relationships with the media. The candidate must be a media-savvy, team-oriented professional with solid management and writing skills.
- Working across departments and regions, assist VP Global Communications in developing and executing on marketing communications plans.
- Manage operations of launches, social media, ongoing media relations on knowledge products, new products and services, special events.
- Coordinate integrated communications across all communications channels, including social media, e-newsletters, website.
- Write/edit communications materials (blogs, website content, tweets, releases/alerts, newsletters, releases, op eds/letters to editor).
- Manage web-based Media Center.
- Message development.
- Manage staff, including contract consultants.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experienced in integrated traditional media and social media strategy and implementation, with expertise in working across varied digital communications platforms.
- Skilled communications writer and editor, able to translate complex issues into key points for target audiences across varied communications platforms.
- Ability to develop strategic media relations plans.
- Expert in developing website content.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and handle high-pressure situations, as well as plan and execute longer-term projects.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Management experience.
- Tight deadlines.
- Collaborative work environment; must be a team-player with strong people skills.
- Occasional work outside normal office hours.
- Mission-driven, creative work environment at a service organization.
Education and Experience Requirements
- This position requires a BA or BS.
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience in communications, public relations, or public affairs.
- Staff management experience.
- Ability to read/write/speak a second language a plus.
To apply for this position, please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com, with "Communications Manager" and the source of the job listing in the subject line. This position is based in New York City.