Board Value Proposition:
A seasoned financial services executive recognized for strong strategic, leadership, and operational capabilities, and for ability to influence and execute large-scale change, inspire followership, excel under pressure, and for an outstanding commitment to advancing women in and outside of the workplace. Also known as a collaborator who can build consensus in challenging circumstances, including turnarounds, and for deep risk management experience in a heavily regulated securities environment.
Visionary Leader and Change Agent
- Developed and implemented significant organizational restructurings. Most recently spearheaded a new operating model and structure at BMO Nesbitt Burns.
- Challenged and eliminated the “traditional patriarchal” way of working, replacing it with a model based on sound understanding of industry trends, client experience, and needs, representing the most significant large-scale change at Nesbitt Burns in over 15 years.
- Net result has been a significant change in client loyalty metrics, with Nesbitt Burns moving from worst to first in Canadian loyalty rankings between 2012 and 2013, measured by Ipsos Reid, and being named Best Full Service Investment Advisory Canada 2014 and 2015 by Global Banking and Finance Review.
- Made significant contributions to the financial success and profitability of BMO Nesbitt Burns.
- Championed a disciplined approach to expense management which, combined with strong revenue growth, led to net income growth of 30% in Fiscal 2013.
- Strong 13% increase in fee-based revenue, making PCD the fastest growing in this key industry driver among the bank owned brokerage firms.
- During 30 years of not-for-profit board work and leadership, have led positive change for board relations and guided boards through very difficult change, including significant leadership and governance change, which resulted in a more positive impact on the communities they served.
- Diversified Financials
- Asset Management & Custody Banks
- Investment Banking & Brokerage
- Other Diversified Financial Services
- United States