Board Value Proposition:
A corporate director on both international and North American public companies, with well-rounded expertise derived from being a senior executive with significant international, corporate, hands-on operating and leadership experience.
- Strong contributor to corporate strategy review of Nexen, prior to sale to CNOOC.
- Served on Nexen’s steering committees for most divestitures (Heavy Oil, JV in the Gulf of Mexico, Norway) and big projects (Balzac, Golden eagle).
- As Vice President Oil Sands, Husky Oil, led upstream Oil Sands project development and production, built a high-performing team, and developed and delivered on a solid strategy for all the assets. Specific wins included building the foundation for the successful joint venture with BP for the development of the integrated Sunrise project (200,000bpd), the ERCB Sunrise project approval with minor stakeholder issues, the "diagnosis" of Tucker Oil sand project issues, and the acquisition of strategically critical mineral land assets to protect future projects.
- While VP, Exploration and Production Services at Husky Oil, successful in leading a 35% reduction in safety incidents as well as a 70% reduction in cost-of-service incidents by introducing and driving a culture of excellence.
- As President of Schlumberger Canada and Geomarket Manager for Oilfield Services Canada, achieved over 50% improvement in environment and safety statistics, 45% improvement in service quality, 57% increase in revenue with aftertax income increase of 200%. This was accomplished by a significant emphasis on accountability, training, attitude, and leadership at all levels, in addition to a focused strategy and clear goals.
Human Resources and Organizational Transformation
- At Nexen, successfully initiated and led a major culture shift towards performance, including performance management and drive for excellence.
- Integrated Oil & Gas
- Oil & Gas Drilling
- Oil & Gas Equipment & Services
- Oil & Gas Exploration & Production
- United Kingdom
- North America
- United States