Department: India – Member Relations
Reports To: Senior Director, India
We are currently seeking an experienced relationship management and business development professional. Under the leadership of the Senior Director, India, this position will be responsible for contributing to the development and implementation of a strategy to support Catalyst India’s market expansion, including recruiting new member organizations, managing a portfolio of member organizations, and supporting the development and delivery of member services and events in the region. Working flexibly from a home office, this is a full-time position based in India.
- New Business Development
- Secure new member organizations through the development and implementation of an outreach strategy.
- Increase awareness of the benefits of Catalyst membership.
- Build and maintain in-depth knowledge of Catalyst member benefits, research, and services.
- Identify and develop the relevant content for member and prospect meetings, using Catalyst research and other resources.
- Develop Relationships
- Develop and build relationships with an external network of resources and contacts—including senior business executives.
- Build credibility and leverage the cultivated external network of resources and contacts—including senior business executives—for connections, information, and collaboration.
- Collaborate with membership teams in other regions to share best practices and design strategies to develop new members and better serve existing members.
- Build and Strengthen Brand Presence
- Contribute toward the development and execution of market strategy, including goal setting, market penetration of India-HQ companies, and media outreach.
- Represent Catalyst at select events and conferences, in consultation with Senior Director, India.
- Identify opportunities—including developing and delivering content through speeches and presentation—to share the Catalyst member proposition, research, and services.
- Relationship Management
- Serve as key contact (“relationship manager”) to designated Catalyst member companies, maintaining regular contact with members regarding upcoming events/research, their needs and issues, communicating Catalyst benefits and following up on member requests.
- Support development and execution of regional member engagement strategy, including events to convene members and prospects.
- Work with the New York membership team to coordinate billing and on-boarding of new members.
Knowledge and Skills
- Broad knowledge of and experience in corporate India, general knowledge of issues facing working women in India and Asia.
- Experience in consulting services, sales, human resources services, or other related areas with a demonstrated record of goal achievement.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with well-developed interpersonal skills, an understanding of and commitment to customer service, and a professional demeanor.
- Strategic thinking and the ability to recognize and leverage opportunities related to Catalyst's mission.
- Ability to speak publicly to a wide range of audiences, from line managers to senior executives.
- Passionate about promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Strong client-facing experience and abilities, including project planning and oversight, sound judgment, and problem solving.
- The ability to play a leadership role in a highly team-oriented, virtual work environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and attention to detail.
- Maturity to work independently, being self-directed, as needed.
- Personal computer proficiency in a networked Windows environment.
Education and Experience Requirements
Master's degree in business, marketing, social science, or organizational development, or a related field of study preferred, along with eight or more years of progressively responsible business development, relationship management, consultative sales, client service, member relations or consulting work experience. Experience with dealing with human resources, and/or diversity is a plus. Applicants with an established network of contacts in the business community and an MBA are preferred.
Catalyst offers a rewarding career with competitive salaries and excellent benefits in a fun, fast paced environment. You will handle heavy computer use, tight deadlines, multiple priorities, and work with confidential issues and data. Although you will work as part of a close-knit team, you must have the ability to be highly effective while self-managed. You may have multiple reporting relationships. Some travel is required. The position is located in India, working from a home office.
Please email your resume, cover letter, salary history to email@example.com with "Assistant General Manager, India" and the source where you found this job posted in the subject line.