Board Value Proposition:
Seasoned executive with over 25 years of experience in the materials sector in a variety of roles and portfolios.
Organization and Human Resources
- Developed executive compensation and employee-based programs, resulting in the company being awarded multiple best employer awards as well as proxy disclosure awards.
- Developed strong relationships with regulators in Canada and the United States, resulting in new licenses and license renewals, as well as influencing regulations to ensure they reflected good science while maintaining solid relationships.
Investor, Government, and Stakeholder Relations
- Secured strong public support for the company in regions it operates by guiding its efforts in building and enhancing relationships with the company’s major stakeholders including investors, analysts, governments, communities, First Nations, Metis, media, and regulators, effectively dealing with organized opposition groups and effectively managing corporate crisis events.
- Developed, implemented, and managed an investor relations program for a unique commodity, to ensure the company’s share price appropriately reflected the potential of the company and industry.
International Investment Oversight
- Ensured international operations in Australia, the United States, Kazakhstan, and Kyrgyzstan, and had the necessary guidance so they could be operated in a manner consistent with Canadian operations.
- Diversified Metals & Minerals
- Specialty Chemicals
Canadian Nuclear Association 2014 to Present
Chair, Governance Committee
Saskatchewan Mining Association 2013 to Present
International Centre for Northern Governance and Development—Northern Advisory Board 2014 to Present
U.S. Nuclear Energy Institute 2014 to Present
Communications Advisory Committee
Uranium Producers of America 2013 to Present
Canadian Investor Relations Institute
Canadian Standards Association
World Nuclear Association
External Communications Advisory Group
Cameco 1989 to Present
Senior Vice President and Chief Corporate Officer
Vice President, Safety, Health, Environment, Quality and Regulatory Relations
Vice President, Investor, Corporate and Government Relations
Corporate Strategic Planner
Director, Investor & Corporate Relations
Manager, Investor Relations
Market Analyst II
Saskatchewan Mining Development Corporation 1987 to 1988
Market Research Analyst I
ICD.D, Institute of Corporate Directors, 2016
Cameco Executive Development Program, 2010
Executive Education Program, Queen's University, 1998
Competitive Strategy, Canadian Management Centre (TO), 1992
Canadian Securities Course, 1991
MA (Econ), University of Saskatchewan, 1990
BComm, University of Saskatchewan, 1984